Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hitachino Nest White Ale

Style:Witbier
Alc %:5
Brewery: Kiuchi Brewery
Country:Japan
Tap/Bottle?:bottle
Where/When:Home, March 2012
Cost :approx $6.50
Rating:7.5

Small white head that almost completely disappears. Pours a pale light gold colour.

Nose is honey & (rock?) melon, kinda perfumery.
I'm totally wrong and agree with Todd Alstrom (Beeradvocate.com) who smells ginger/clove.
It's creamy. The spicy hotness from the clove and ginger appears pretty quick- there's a dry grainyness to it mid way along with some yeast action. I do love the heat of the ginger which is quite unique and strong and although I don't care for clove, it's subtle.
All that said it's moreish and unique. You should try it.

This is my first Japanese beer. I take back all that I've said about Asian beers- I generally regard them poorly as flavourless lagers made for humidity and swilling.

I didn't get alot of orange. I didn't get alot of coriander.
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment